Premed 101 Forums

Question

Guest Jim2375

Guest Jim2375

I have a few questions. If someone can reply, it would be much appreciated.

1.) What kind of First Aid Course do we need to take ? Is it anything specific or can we take any general first aid course from St. Johns Ambulance ? Can we take this first aid course after being accepted or do we have to complete it before we submit application ?

2.) I was looking through the Sask application and it seems there is no place to put down your extracurricular activities (volunteer work etc). As well, they dont require any reference letters. Am i mistaken or is this true ?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Jim

Guest kosmo14

The answer to your first question is you need to take the standard first aid course. I took mine from St. Johns Ambulance. You must take it before you are accepted. We had to provide proof of completing the course on or before June 15, and I did not find out I was accepted until a few days later. I believe they remind you about your first aid course when they send you notification of passing the interview in April.

You are correct on the fact that they don't have any place for extracurriculars on the application. That is discussed during the interview.

The reference letters are not required until you recieve an invitation to interview. If you meet the academic requirements and are selected for an interview they will send out reference forms with that letter.

I hope this helps, and good luck.

Archived