Premed 101 Forums

housing

Guest magoo

Guest magoo

I just got accepted to the UofS medical program. Any suggestions on housing in the city. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Guest smu2001

All I know is that my Sask friends say that it is reaaally cheap to live in Saskatoon compared to other parts of the country. by the way magoo, are you OOP? congratulations!

Guest kosmo14

Housing is fairly reasonable here in Saskatoon. If you go to the Star Phoenix website: http://www.thestarphoenix.com you can view the classifieds there. This will give an idea of some prices and places to live. If you have any questions on areas that are good to live in or close just post and I will help you out, or email me. The areas closest to the U of S would include: Varsity view(closest + nice area maybe a bit expensive), Grosvenor Park, Nutana, Greystone Heights, College Park, Sutherland, Forest Grove (a lot of apartments in this area, and easily accessible), Brevort Park, Lawson Hieghts, River Hieghts

All of the above are good places to live, fairly safe, and easily accessible to U of S. Saskatoon has a decent transit system so getting to the U of S is pretty easy. Don't bother driving to U of S it is brutal. The trip is quick and easy, but good luck finding parking.

Other areas farther away from the U of S but still nice areas to live are: Wildwood, East College Park, Eastview, Adelaide/Churchill, Avalon, Haultain, Silverwood, some of City Park

I hope this helps, if you need any other info. about Saskatoon let me know and I would be happy to help. Welcome to toontown.

Guest magoo

Thanks for the info kosmo, it is appreciated. Do you know if the Univ./students union puts out a listing of the off-campus housing situation in the city? I know some schools do.

Archived