Premed 101 Forums

May: The Month of Truth

Guest TS

In the leagues I have played in the past, they have always been "no contact." I think it is very difficult for a person to recieve a check on blades as there is really no lateral motion. On ice, this is different as the surface allows the skates to move sideways along the ice. I can only imagine the damage you can do to your ankles, legs or hip getting a full body hit in roller hockey. Then again, you are right: there is considerable contact despite the regulations. I have seen it all, including fights. As for the full body equipment, I have never played under those regulations. Whenever I have played, a cup, bucket and gloves were required. I am sure that adding all of the rest would be no problem, as we all skate wearing full equipment in ice hockey. I guess I will have to practice up for wearing full equipment. That will give me something to do while I am bored!!!

TS

Guest skofu

joe thornton and rick nash are my new hockey heroes - and i'm not even a forward. thornton's ability to read the play is pretty amazing. it's strange how we were so sure that the defence was solid but the offence was concerning - and now look at them: killer top line, but the defensive play is pretty poor. our man regehr made quite a number of foolish plays out there today. but i guess we have to cut him a bit of slack seeing as he's not been playing in europe this year. but then again, neither have redden or hannan.

i can't wait to see them play sweden.

sadly enough, edited for spelling

Archived