Premed 101 Forums

Osmosis / Lecturio ...?

Guys I need your advices.

There's so much online medical ressources and I wonder which website is the best (especially for clinical knowledge)??

I would appreciate if you comment only on websites that you personally tried.

Also, it would be useful if you explain to me which website is the best to study for clerkship.

Thanks in advance :)

41 minutes ago, Sodium11 said:

Guys I need your advices.

There's so much online medical ressources and I wonder which website is the best (especially for clinical knowledge)??

I would appreciate if you comment only on websites that you personally tried.

Also, it would be useful if you explain to me which website is the best to study for clerkship.

Thanks in advance :)

Tbh, uptodate is a really good resource. Other point of care resources like dynamed. I have noticed that people tend to use one or the other. Your school prob has a sub for uptodate so you can probably get it for free. Dynamed you can get via your CMA membership. 

Osmosis and Lecturio is not what you would be using for clerkship.. you should be using resources like blueprints, step up to medicine, or case files. People like case files for how they are presented - it's part solving and part learning so you have that clinical knowledge that you are looking for, but you are also not just reading a laundry list of indications and contraindications in uptodate. I think people end up doing both uptodate for on the fly and reading around cases using blueprints or case files. Hope this helps.

I have hard some saying that the usmle step 2 ck is very useful for clinical knowledge and more relevant, but haven't personally used those resources. step 1 is more preclinical

Neither Osmosis or Lecturio are very good. 

Clinical knowledge: UpToDate, Dynamed are the best. OnlineMedEd provides a quick and concise lecture series that gets you through the basics. Occasionally Medscape or Wikipedia are useful.

Clinical+basic sciences: Combination of UWorld Step 2 CK question bank and Boards & Beyond lecture series are the best resources. This is most useful on IM where you often get pimped on basic and clinical sciences. As mentioned above, CaseFIles and Blueprints can be very useful for certain blocks (speak to your seniors for advice).

Archived