Premed 101 Forums

First aid/CPR training - organizing a class in Ottawa

Guest UofOBPS

Guest UofOBPS

Hi guys,

Alright, so hopefully I"m not jinxing myself by posting this (want to see if this post works so this post is up by the time everyone looks to the board tomorrow). Anyhow, my friend is a CPR and First AID trainer, and has said that she can certify me if I get a class of 4 together. It might be fun to meet other med students before september. If anyone's interested in joining this class, let me know. (watch me not get in....)

Talon, they changed the rules this year, the kids need to be certified by o-week so they can't do what we did last year.

P.S. I'm not doing too much in PBL with all this ezboarding :P

Guest Talon01

Oh, I thought they said the same thing last year (had to be done by the start of school).

Anyways, don't stress about the CPR/Medical Form/Etc stuff too much, the office is FAIRLY understanding if something isn't completed on time. I didn't get part of my medical form completed until last month. :\

PS - Hi alui!

Guest UofOBPS

Hey everyone - so here's the First Aid update:

The course would be offered on Sunday May 28 and Sunday June 4 at Dovercourt Recreation Centre, in the West End of Ottawa. Each day will be about 7 hours and the cost is $95. I need 3 other people to hold the course, so please let me know if you're interested! It should be fun meeting other future med students :D

Thanks!

Bettina (bchoo_ca@yahoo.com)

Guest avarrin2001

I am really interested, but what hours would the course run (I have to work saturday night... which means i am not off until 8am, and would be coming from Renfrew, not totally sure I can make it if it is an all day thing, if it is a half day, its totally doable).

Guest scooter

Hey,

I'm off to Dal but i'll be visiting Ottawa before to see some old friends. Anyone else interested in doing the public St John Ambulance course on Saturday Aug 19th and Sunday Aug 20th? It is the weekend before O week for us- probably you guys too. It would be cool to meet other med-bounders.

Good luck for those on the waitlist. Don:t loose hope.

Scooter

Guest pinkbonkers

Hey guys,

I was just wondering...is it sufficient to just do the Basic Rescuer CPR C course and not the FIrst Aid/CPR Course?

Thanks,

PB

Archived