Premed 101 Forums

What are the REAL chances of getting off the waitlist?

Guest ttryit

Guest ttryit

So I just got my waitlist letter and I am curious what the real chace of getting off the waitlist is. It would seem to me that Toronto would make 198 initial offers, and waitlist about 100 more. If they had to make 220 offers that means the chace of getting off the list is 22/100 or 22%.

Any comments?

tt

Guest garp

I was under the impression that UofT made 220 initial offers and waitlisted approximately 100 more...I was also wondering what my chances were of getting of this waitlist, though I know it varies from year to year and we have no way of knowing our ranking (makes it ridiculously difficult to plan anything!)...as well, have they used the format of "we will make more offers the third week of June" versus pulling people off the waitlist as spots open up in past years as well? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Garp

I think third week of June makes sense.

Everyone has to have their firm/provisional acceptances or declination (is that a word :S) into UT and OMSAS by around June 14th.. so once they get that, they can see whether the class is at 120 or 190, and then they can invite whomever's on the waitlist. From there, you'd expect a good proportion of who's left on the waitlist to accept, so open spots would go down from 70 to maybe 10.. so a 2nd round.. from 10 to 4.. and so on until it's full.

I just wish the provisional acceptance becoming firm deadline was later than July 4th.

Archived