Premed 101 Forums

Interview station length

I've been reading the FAQ about the interview format and want to clarify:when they say the station is 8 minutes and 2 minutes to prepare does that mean:

-2 minutes to prepare and 6 minutes to answer?
-2 minutes to prepare and 8 minutes to answer?
-Am I just mixing up different schools and there's no set time to read the prompt and answer and it's just 8 minutes in total?

Read the applicant package and it's 2 minutes to read and 8min to answer, with an alarm for 1 min left

Also:

-Are they any alarms (e.g. 1 minute left?)
-If they is extra time will the evaluator ask questions? Or just sitting in silence?
-When the station "starts" are we outside 2min reading the question, or in the room with the evaluator? Do we know when 2min is up (e.g. are we summoned to the room or are we just awkwardly sitting in front of the evaluator and have to "guess" when the 2min is up?)

Thanks!

On 3/15/2019 at 5:41 PM, totesmcgoats said:

I've been reading the FAQ about the interview format and want to clarify:when they say the station is 8 minutes and 2 minutes to prepare does that mean:

-2 minutes to prepare and 6 minutes to answer?
-2 minutes to prepare and 8 minutes to answer?
-Am I just mixing up different schools and there's no set time to read the prompt and answer and it's just 8 minutes in total?

Read the applicant package and it's 2 minutes to read and 8min to answer, with an alarm for 1 min left

Also:

-Are they any alarms (e.g. 1 minute left?)
-If they is extra time will the evaluator ask questions? Or just sitting in silence?

If you finished addressing the prompting questions after your answer then sit in silence. 

-When the station "starts" are we outside 2min reading the question, or in the room with the evaluator? Do we know when 2min is up (e.g. are we summoned to the room or are we just awkwardly sitting in front of the evaluator and have to "guess" when the 2min is up?)

The timer is non stop, you are go go go and will get bell warnings for each timing. 

Thanks!

- G

Archived