Premed 101 Forums

Post application review?

Guest californicator

Guest californicator

I read that Kirsteen received a post-application review which showed a short evaluation of the applicant's reference letters, etc.

Will this be sent to applicants this year?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I would quite like to have received something like this from UofT; alas, I never have. :( The closest I came to this was a small telephone review conducted by one of the Admissions folks three years ago. Given UofT's most recent policy, i.e., not to disclose any information post-rejection, I unfortunately doubt they would provide an evaluation this year.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

A couple of years ago, I approached UofT to request my application file and I mentioned the Freedom of Information Act. Here was their Director's response:

It is not the policy of the University to release the information you requested, and it is our understanding that the "Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act" does not apply to Ontario universities.

I didn't pursue the matter further, but for any of you legal whizzes out there, I assume the Director was correct?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest MDin2006

I could be mistaken, but it was my understanding that as of January this year that act does apply to universities. I will try to find a link to a relevant website.

Guest Kirsteen

Hey MDin2006,

Cheers. It would be nice if my thesis data cleaning activities were as perpetually alluring as this board. :D

Good luck to you this year,

Kirsteen

Archived