Premed 101 Forums

best undergraduate program for applying to dentistry at UBC?

Q. Which program of study should I enroll in to prepare for dental school?
A. There is no preferred program of study in preparation for dental school, however, successfully taking upper level science courses (300 level and up) in a full-load curriculum (12-15 credits per semester) would reflect on your academic ability in dental school.

Q. Does the university of my undergraduate education and/or any postgraduate education influence my application?
A. No.

Q. My school uses a very tough marking scheme. Will I get credit for the difficulty of the program?
A. No. For the purposes of assessing eligibility and selection for interview we do not attempt to adjust the GPA for degree of difficulty of the program.

https://www.dentistry.ubc.ca/dmd/dmd-faq/

Tl;dr - Just get the highest gpa you can get

9 hours ago, Stethescope said:

Q. Which program of study should I enroll in to prepare for dental school?
A. There is no preferred program of study in preparation for dental school, however, successfully taking upper level science courses (300 level and up) in a full-load curriculum (12-15 credits per semester) would reflect on your academic ability in dental school.

Q. Does the university of my undergraduate education and/or any postgraduate education influence my application?
A. No.

Q. My school uses a very tough marking scheme. Will I get credit for the difficulty of the program?
A. No. For the purposes of assessing eligibility and selection for interview we do not attempt to adjust the GPA for degree of difficulty of the program.

https://www.dentistry.ubc.ca/dmd/dmd-faq/

Tl;dr - Just get the highest gpa you can get

sorry i kinda meant for someone who went to UBC and got into dentistry there/are hoping to, what degree would be best suited for trying to get in dentistry. For ex. becoming bio major would help fill in all prereqs for dent and is an easier major to do well in compared to like chemistry etc