Premed 101 Forums

What are my chances?

Medddddd

Hiii, 
I can't find any stats on U of A website regarding previous year admission statistics for pharm so I was looking for some insight into my chances. 

I have my BSc. 

Last two years GPA- 3.8

Highest year GPA- 3.81

Prereq GPA- 3.4 (yeet) but still have two courses to take next semester which will count towards this GPA. 

Experience: Shadowed a hospital pharmacist for a month and a half (once a week) in 2016 as well as a retail pharmacist. Lots of health care volunteering and shadowing. 

Thanks so much in advance! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 10:30 AM, initrams said:

Hiii, 
I can't find any stats on U of A website regarding previous year admission statistics for pharm so I was looking for some insight into my chances. 

I have my BSc. 

Last two years GPA- 3.8

Highest year GPA- 3.81

Prereq GPA- 3.4 (yeet) but still have two courses to take next semester which will count towards this GPA. 

Experience: Shadowed a hospital pharmacist for a month and a half (once a week) in 2016 as well as a retail pharmacist. Lots of health care volunteering and shadowing. 

Thanks so much in advance! 

Hey! I'm in first year pharm right now. Your stats look pretty good! I would say the admissions committee looks more closely at your last 2 year's cumulative GPA and yours is above the 3.5 cut off. As for prereqs, last year the assistant dean says they look more closely at your biology and biochem marks so make sure you do well on those. 

As for volunteering, you seem like you have lots of experience to talk about in your LOI! It would be good to get some recent pharm volunteering since the application mostly asks about the past 2 years. 

Good luck!