Hey future MDs :D ,

I am so excited to be coming to Queen's this fall! :rollin

Can't wait to see my future classmates.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ninjamissi

hey guys,

I know Im really psyched about this September and meeting my new classmates :rollin

Ill be heading to Kingston from O-Town, where Ive been my whole life - not too far a move :\

Anyone from U of O coming to Queens this year?

Anywaysa big shout-out to my 2010 pals - hope to talk to some of you soon :D

ninjamissi:hat

Guest UofOBPS

Hey Ninjamissi!

Woohoo U of O! Yeah looks like I'll be going to U of O next year. I've probably seen you around if we don't know each other already - did you just finish 4th year science?

-Bettina (bchoo_ca@yahoo.com)

Guest ScoobyBill

Yup!

I'm in for the fall!

Maritime Boy, born and schooled (Mt.A).

I've had my eye on Queen's for a long while!

Congratulations everyone! I can't wait to meet you all and shake your hands!!

Guest Wheels2010

Hey all!

I'll be there as well. My wife and I are moving from Peterborough. Anyone else married?

I look forward to meeting everyone soon!

Wheels

Guest jaegwon

We're debating between renting and buying a place. I've found a few good ones near where you are actually. If you've got any advice, we'd be happy to hear anything you have to say...

Guest Wheels2010

We definitely thought about buying a place, but realized that it would probably involve a lot more trouble than we are willing to go through this summer. Renting allowed us to get a decent place in a short period of time. We didn't want to feel rushed into something, so we decided to rent for at least the year, allowing us plenty of time to find a place later on if we choose to buy. The "Looking for apartments" post in this forum has a few more details that might interest you. We eventually chose Homestead's Portsmouth Place Centre which, though more expensive, was newer, cleaner, and just seemed to have a better feeling to it.

Guest sensfan

Hey ninjamissi and UofOBPS - Ottawa U represent! Glad to see us Ottawa kids doing well. Can't wait to meet everyone in the fall!

Guest ninjamissi

yeah U of O! sensfan, what year are/were you in? and what program? Im 2nd yr BCH masters...although Ive gotta come back next summer to defend...ack.

What are you all doing to keep yourselves busy this summer? Aside from trying to find a place to live and raiding the banks? :\

Congrats all!! cant wait for sept! :smokin

Guest ScoobyBill

Hey ninjamissi!

I'm in Saskatoon for the summer - working at the NRC Plant Biotech Institute. Just for fun, I guess! I'm playing touch football and trying to download from a stressful final year of undergrad! What are you up to?

Speaking of raiding the bank, what LOC are you guys leaning toward?

I'm currently debating between:

RBC and MD Financial

Hey sensfan, this will get you going. Check out photos 132 through 144 HERE

Cheers

Bill

Guest sensfan

I just finished a 3 year B.Sc. Concentration degree in Biomedical Science... So chances are we haven't met, unless you work in a lab that's near mine - I'm at the ORCC. If you're ever in the area, just look for the blonde Polish girl that swears a lot... Good luck with the masters!

Guest sensfan

Aaah, those photos are certainly unsettling... More unsettling than anything we'll ever see in anatomy lab, I'm sure...

Guest NeuroChick

Hi all,

I'm coming to Queens from Memorial over here on the Rock. Very excited to get in! :rollin

I still need to find somewhere to live... is anyone looking for a roommate? I'm a nice person, I swear...:)

Guest jaegwon

I'm always happy when I see 'neuro' in someone's screen name (maybe I should have used it in mine to help with bonding)! It looks like there will be a few of us at Queen's this year...

Since I'm bringing along a wife, I'm afraid I can't help you out with the living arrangement though, sorry. :P

Good luck with finding a place!

Guest ninjamissi

hey NeuroChick,

I was thinking about a roommate, still undecided. I have been planning to go for a bachelors or 1bdrm for now, and see next year if I want to move in with someone from our class.

But Im going down to Kingston (from Ottawa where I live) on the 24th-26th this month to look for places. so I can keep my eye out for you in terms of wall postings etc and I can also post my "findings" of good places to live here if you like too.

Congrats on getting in! Im really excited to meet you and everyone else in our class 8o

ninjamissi@hotmail.com

Guest turtle

hello everyone...

...after two years of deferrals (let's just say, i took a few detours on the way to finishing my master's thesis) i will finally be joining you all at queen's in sept, yay!

looking forward to meeting everyone -- in the meantime, enjoy your Summer!

turtle

Guest jaegwon

Question for those who got acceptances in May....

After you send in your acceptance of their offer and $1000 deposit, is the next correspondence by email or regular mail? How long did the turnaround time take?

The reason for the question, is the I want to withdraw from a US school, but I want to wait until my acceptance is confirmed at Queen's (just in case...).

Guest BCSarah

Congratulations all of you! We can't wait to host you in September and welcome you to our little, happy, and slightly insane family.

In response to the last question here, I would call the office to confirm. After sending in my acceptance I never really heard back and swore that they must have made a mistake with my entrance :o - I finally called them and it turned out that my package had simply never got to me.

They've got a lot to deal with over the summer at the office but they are super people. If you're under the gun timewise/have a legitimate reason to call, they'd be more than happy to help you out.

Way to go! (And way to choose Canada! We promise that we won't let you regret it)

Sarah

Guest jaegwon

Thanks BCSarah - Are you the Sarah from BC that lives in meds house?

If you are, I stayed with Kirk first interview weekend (if not...obviously that won't mean anything to you....and never mind :o )

Thanks for your help on the board here and (if relevant) it was nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to September!

Guest NeuroChick

jaegwon,

Looks like the brains have it this year... :P I can't wait to meet everyone!

ninjamissi,

It would be great if you could post or send me any places or postings that catch your eye... thanks so much :) I'm still debating whether to make a apartment-hunting trip (darn the airline prices! >: ) and also whether to go with a 1-bedroom for first year at least. Decisions, decisions...

Congrats to all and see you soon!

erinm@nf.sympatico.ca

Guest BCSarah

Don't know why that other message originally showed up twice...

Anyway, yup, that's me, and that's great news that you're in! I will see you for an amazing Orientation week come September!

Medshouse will never be the same without Kirk, but you'd better come hang out with us anyway. 8o

Archived