Premed 101 Forums

Class of 2010

Guest QMD2010

Guest UofOBPS

Yeah, it is a good bit of trouble, but my boyfriend's family has bought and sold a few properties in the past and they all feel that it's worth it (he's got some money saved up from working full time and living at home). We spoke to the real estate agent and apparently property values usually go up between 5-7% each year, and there hasn't been a year it has depreciated since 1990. I do agree that it's a lot of work to buy, sell and furnish a home though.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest UofOBPS

Oh right, for anyone just beginning to consider buying, I also wanted to mention that mortgage on a second home (ie not primary residence) is tax deductible. The interest of mortgaging a house is also slightly lower than prime, what we are paying on our credit lines (I'm not sure if that applies to a paid-for house or a house being purchased or both). Anyhow, that's what I've picked up from listening to my bf's family's conversations so double-check me on it if need be :)

Congratulations everyone! Seeing all of you so enthusiastic makes me feel so nostalgic and everything... [single tear] You're going to love it.

Vince (a Meds '06... so old...)

Archived