Premed 101 Forums

Emails are out

Guest McMaster Health

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mednl

Yeah they're out! I'm thinking they all went out at the one time since the subject line is [bulk] Queen's University School of Medicine Offer.

Good luck everyone!!!

Guest NeuroObsessed

Congratulations to both of you...:D

I'm still waiting... I don't really know how I did on the Queen's interview though... so... do you know if they're sending out the waitlist e-mails as well?

Congratulations again... I bet you're elated... enjoy your day!:)

Guest nextstopmd

Don't forget to check your junk mail folders carefully!! Sometimes the acceptances can end up there instead of in your inbox.

Good luck everyone!

nextstopmd

Guest UofOBPS

Hey guys - yeah I decided to check my junk mail after I got rejected from Ottawa - and was happy to find that I got accepted to Queen's :)

Guest McMaster Health

I believe that last year people who got waitlisted and rejected did not recieve an email.

There is still hope that you got waitlisted. A lot of people get off the waitlist.

Guest brownie99

Me too! Hooray....I guess? I hate being on waitlists, they can make your whole summer into limbo-land (I was on the waitlist for Western last year - needless to say, didn't get in). Does anyone know any numbers on Queen's waitlist - e.g. # of pple on it, likelihood of getting in off the waitlist?

Guest medinvan

Just a question...did everyone who was not accepted today get waitlisted? ...or are there actual rejections from the start? (b/c i got waitlisted and was wondering what my chances are)

Guest 1985SS

I think no one was rejected this year. Everybody is waitlisted but its just the ranking that differs. I heard from the McGill admissions office that this was the new policy for most medical schools across Canada.

I was waitlisted and I am out of province (Quebec). Does anyone know how many places got to OOP people at Queens?

Guest mednl

Hey guys.. I have no idea how many ppl get waitlisted (I'm sure they must be able to give that much information at least even if they can't say what number you are). I know last year at least they did give out right rejections, however I don't know if that changed this year. But if you want you can check out this document http://www.afmc.ca/docs/2006_admissions_book.pdf

It says how many ppl turn down the offer each year etc which might give you a notion of how many people get in off the waitlist! Good luck to everyone.. I know the wait is hard but hopefully it will be worth it in the end! :)

Guest BigE

I doubt that everyone recieved a waitlist email. Seeing as the acceptance email was a bulk letter, and the waitlist one was personalized (dear whatever your name is). It would've made sense just to send a bulk email if everyone got waitlisted...

Can anyone post that didn't recieve a waitlist email?

Guest brownie99

It doesn't make any sense to not send out rejections...they can't keep literally hundreds of people on tetherhooks all summer without letting them know that its hopeless! Plus.. why would they bother???

Guest BigE

I emailed Judy and got the following response which is too bad

"Their is approximately 389 on the waiting list, we sent out 100 offers today

and everyone else is on the waiting list. As places become available we

will start to go down the list."

Guest jaegwon

That seems like slightly cruel and unusual punishment. Its not as big deal for people who have acceptances elsewhere, but for applicant #388 on the list who doesn't have any other acceptances, it seems pretty unfair not to tell him a relative ranking or give a rejection.

They'll never go through 250, never mind 389 people to fill 100 spots (based on past waitlist movement)...why not send some rejections so people can move on.

(sorry for the emotional rant...as you can probably tell, I'm on the waitlist too...)

Archived