Premed 101 Forums

Emails are out

Guest McMaster Health

Guest jaegwon

That would be nice. It doesn't sound like it though...

This is the email I received; if anyone got something different, that would answer the question.

"I am emailing at this time to let you know that you have been placed on our waiting list for admission to our Medical School. Although you are not among those to be offered admission at this time, offers will be made from our waiting list as places become available. Unfortunately, I am not able to tell you your position on our list.

If you accept an offer of admission at another school of medicine and no longer wish to be considered at Queen's, I would be grateful if you would let me know.

Thank you.

Jennifer Saunders"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest woods

did the wait list emails come out all at the same time? maybe a position can be estimated based on time if they are personalized.

Guest raiining

To the waitlisted people: If your holding out for Queens, remember to take deep breaths and be content to let the summer go by. I didn't get off the waitlist until the beginnining of August - it was a stressful summer, but it means that the list is always moving! Once people start getting other acceptances (from all across Canada) it'll really start to move.

Good luck to everyone!

~Tajana

Guest brownie99

I was on a waitlist last year (and didnt make it) so I know how stressful the waiting can be. But this year I think Queen's is being incredibly unfair by placing everyone on the waitlist! Obviously there are at least 150 pple (out of 389) who have no hope in hell of getting into the school off the waitlist, so why doesn't Queen's just let them know so they can move on with their summer/lives? Arrrrrgh! (that was just my frustrated growl...ignore it :) ) On another note, does anyone know how quickly the waitlist moves ie what hope there is for those of us who did not have such a happy day yesterday?

Guest s245

For those of you wondeirng why the wiatlist is so big apparently two years ago queens ehuasted its wiatlist and had to call back people and interview them again.

Someone posted the link earlier to a pdf with each school and the number of students accepted and the number of offers declined. In that year around 97 were offers were made from queens and 111 were rejected.

Guest doctor robot

Queen's seemed to have changed its policy from last year--where we were allowed to call the admissions office after a certain date to find out our position on the wait list. It's unfortunate, as knowing my relative chances last year helped me prepare my back-up plan for this year.

Guest flying kumquat

I think last year, they would tell you if you were in the top 20-25 on the waitlist after the responses from the second round of acceptances went out. Last year, the initial acceptances went out at the end of May, second round of acceptances went out mid-June, and by the start of July, they would be able to tell you if you were in the top however many. Or something like that.

Guest antissa

Last year, the first round of offers were sent out around May 31, another batch around June 15, and another batch around July 4. In between, I think some offers were made on a rolling basis, but a good proportion of the people in my class that I've spoken to received their offers around those 3 dates

Guest ct401

I asked about phoning to see waitlist position, here's the response

from Judy:

We can probably let you know by mid July if you haven't heard from us before that. Any offers we sent out now, will become firm on July 3 if they accept us, so anytime after that.

Guest MD Brace

does that mean they sent out more acceptances or are about to? July 3rd can't be the 'firm' date for May 15th offers, can it?

Guest McMaster Health

it is.

May 29th is the deadline to reply to the initial offers.

You can accept only one school.

July 3rd is when provisional acceptances become firm.

So basically if I have made a provisional acceptance at another school, I'll be booted off the Queen's waiting list unless I hear from them before July 3rd? That's kind of too bad, but I'm not complaining--I'm happy to have gotten in at all.

Archived