Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs are Posted!

Guest ttryit

Guest jaegwon

Interesting. The cumulative and 2-year GPA aren't the same this year.

Well I'm glad the MCAT cutoff didn't go up. My 32 made the cut...but the GPA increase jumped over my 2 year mark. I'm in the hands of the grad committee I guess...here's hoping they like my app.

Guest dayne67

Made the verbal cutoff, but I didn't make the overall cutoff of 32. I got a 30 O (10PS, 10VB, 10BS).

I can't say that I am surprised because it was expected. I knew the MCAT total cutoff would either be 31 or 32. Either way, I wasn't getting an interview.

Guest dayne67

I just wish OMSAS would start extending the application deadline by two weeks. It makes logical sense, considering that many people decide to apply based on the August MCAT score.

Guest medsmurf

Grrrr...stupid 10 in VR. How frustrating. I'm way above all of the other cut offs and I'm a grad applicant but 1 silly point on VR and I'm out. Did I mention...grrr.

Guest kaymcee

Looks like I have the opposite problem here: MCAT's no problem, but my GPA let me down, missing both of the cutoffs by 0.03. I don't like this two cutoff thing.

Guest kaymcee

Yes, everyone who makes the cutoff will get an interview, whereupon your GPA and MCAT are not used in determining whether you get in. After the cutoffs, it's 50% interview, 50% extra-curricular/reference letters/other non-academic parts of your OMSAS application.

Guest AlannaW05

Does anyone know what happens in this scenario:

I am currently in my third year so I only have 2 years of marks submitted. My cumulative average for those 2 years meets the cumulative cutoff of 3.68 but not the 2 best years cutoff of 3.78. I met the MCAT cutoffs. Will I still be offered an interview?

Sorry guys, one more time. I am on the razor's edge for the cutoffs. If they go by the OMSAS GPA, I made it. But if they calculated it differently, like U of C, I might not make it. Does anyone know if Queens has their own way of calulating GPA? I.e, What percent equals an A and so on.

Thanks,

grobz

I'm on the bubble... with the GPA from the confirmation letter in the mail from OMSAS my marks are good. But with the GPA calculated on my application I'm just under.

Any idea which one I should believe?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived