Premed 101 Forums

QCARD info

Guest fudu

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has had success with qcard. I've sent in my personal info form and personal id info for my student card. I've also activated my qlink account and qcard but no fee infomation is showing up on there. Also our initial $1k deposit should be forwarded to our tuition but will this be before the Aug 15 minimum payment?

From what i figured out in undergrad, qcard won't assess your tuition/student fees and stuff till very close to when school begins

I submitted my deposit and a few weeks later put my preregistration payment (2000 total) and only 1000 is in my account...i'm guessing the 1000 deposit will be knocked off total tuition or something?

Guest kaisermark

Wait a sec... I was under the impression only the $1000 deposit that we sent was all that was due before the end of September. What's the exact total that we have to have paid by the time school starts, $1000 or $2000?

Ok i'm confused now, i gues the money is going into qcard anyways so any mispayments aren't going to hurt...but here's what i've paid and thought needed to be paid.

$1000 on recieving the acceptance package to confirm a spot

$1000 in the blue book, as a minimum preregistration payment.

I didn't figure those things were the same thing, but perhaps they were?

Guest nextstopmd

Hey everyone,

As far as I know, you only need to submit a single 1000 dollar payment. That's all I submitted last year and I'm still around :)

Don't worry too much about QCARD. It's really crazy, especially before school actually starts. Your 1000 (or 2000 for those that paid extra :) ) payment won't show up until later, and your tuition owing won't show up til after that. Don't worry, you don't need to pay your tuition til the end of September, so there is no rush as long as you have your 1000 in!

nextstopmd

No ZCH, you're not mistaken, they're the same. The blue book is just a general policy guide. If you recall, the letter that initially asked you for your $1000 said "this amount will be applied toward your minimum payment". So if you've accepted an offer, and hence paid your $1000, you're good to go until the end of September.

Guest little endian

You won't get qcard info about everything until august 29- as has been said you've already paid the 1000 dollar deposit. Everything else comes online on august 29.

Archived