Premed 101 Forums

Another undergrad year or grad school

I am in need of some advice here. I am in my 30s and already have a BSc in Nursing. I did very poorly the first time, with GPA of only 2.8. I decided to do a second degree and I have improved my grades but it's still pretty low.

1st year: 3.52, 2nd year: 3.67, 3rd year: 3.74.

I have applied to MPH and received an offer from a school, but not sure if doing another undergrad year would be more beneficial. 

For EC, I have done 1 year of research, volunteer abroad in south american clinics, local community, leadership roles in a school organization, and of course working as a nurse for 5+ years. I haven't taken the MCAT yet. I'm in ontario.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Location? Schools you're planning on applying to? Determine how each school you're considering applying to will calculate your GPA for application purposes, as this will be a key factor for determining where you stand. Have you written the MCAT? If so, what is your score breakdown? Admissions policies vary widely, so these are all crucial details for the best possible advice.

Even schools which take your best/last 2 years puts you at 3.65, which is on the lower side. Ideally you want at least a 3.8+ for apps, so another UG year with close to a 4.0 as possible is your best option.

13 hours ago, adhominem said:

Location? Schools you're planning on applying to? Determine how each school you're considering applying to will calculate your GPA for application purposes, as this will be a key factor for determining where you stand. Have you written the MCAT? If so, what is your score breakdown? Admissions policies vary widely, so these are all crucial details for the best possible advice.

Even schools which take your best/last 2 years puts you at 3.65, which is on the lower side. Ideally you want at least a 3.8+ for apps, so another UG year with close to a 4.0 as possible is your best option.

Thanks for the advice! edited the post :)