Premed 101 Forums

Question for current OT graduates

I have questions for current OT grads who have written the National Occupational Therapy Certification Examination (NOTCE).

I was wondering if anyone here has completed it successfully, what school you attended, and if you felt that your school prepared you well for it?

Thank you!

Hi! I'm a recent grad who passed the NOTCE from this past November and I graduated from UofT. I feel like my schooling gave me a good baseline knowledge but having the study guide from CAOT was super helpful since they follow the same format/types of questions (CAOT has free 100 sample questions and you can buy a study guide with more questions) . One thing both myself and my classmates found helpful was when doing the practise questions identifying trends in the kinds of answers they expect and their rationale.

Here is the free sample questions from CAOT's website if your curious http://caot.in1touch.org/uploaded/web/exam/Resource Manual NOTCE May 2017.pdf 

16 hours ago, Psych_OT said:

Hi! I'm a recent grad who passed the NOTCE from this past November and I graduated from UofT. I feel like my schooling gave me a good baseline knowledge but having the study guide from CAOT was super helpful since they follow the same format/types of questions (CAOT has free 100 sample questions and you can buy a study guide with more questions) . One thing both myself and my classmates found helpful was when doing the practise questions identifying trends in the kinds of answers they expect and their rationale.

Here is the free sample questions from CAOT's website if your curious http://caot.in1touch.org/uploaded/web/exam/Resource Manual NOTCE May 2017.pdf 

Hey thank you so much I have been trying to get a hold of a recent graduate lol. I have been a bit worried since finding out that the NOTCE has a limit of 3 attempts. When did you graduate and when did you begin studying for it? Also did you look over the material while you were in OT school or only started studying after you graduated?

Hi! No worries at all :) I graduates November 2019 and did NOTCE that same month. I only really started studying a month before the exam. Our classes ended in August and I started studying in October. I knew people who only studied 2 weeks before and passed, not that I would recommend it but everyone has different study habits. I didn't really look through the material while I was in the program. 

Overall, I wouldn't worry too much about it while your in the program, just focus on making the most of your OT experience.

• 1 year later...