Premed 101 Forums

Grad Applicants

Guest nammer21

Guest nammer21

Anyone aware of Queens policy for Grad student marks? I'm in research based program that only requires 1 Credit a year. Can that be use in the GPA calculation (i.e., take the place of one of your undergrad years)?

Have tried to contact Anne Cumpson with no luck.

Guest rabbit

Hi. While preparing my application this year, I e-mailed Anne Cumpson with a similar question regarding graduate work. Here was her reply:

"We only look at graduate work if you do not make the gpa cut based on your undergraduate years. If that is the case, we will take three years at or above the gpa cut (this can be a combination of undergraduate and graduate). One of your three references should relate to your graduate work".

Hope this helps!

Guest rabbit

Sounds like you have a good shot to me, provided you are above the MCAT cutoff. My undergrad cGPA was lower than yours (3.48) with top 3 years of undergrad 3.68 and 2-year grad GPA 4.0.

Good luck!

Guest pazas

but i thought queen's would look at the last two years to see if you made the cut-off. why does it say three? is that only if you're a grad student?

also, what if you did a grad program in occupational therapy? does that look 'bad' because it's a change in profession? i heard that med schools look down on changing.

Archived