Premed 101 Forums

Questions

Guest DrNicki

Guest DrNicki

Hey Moderators and current students, I've got a couple of questions for you.

1) Will we have to bring any formal wear for 1st year? What about suits for clinical skills, etc?

2) Do many people have macs? I really really want to get one of the little ibooks, but won't bother if Queens is better configured for PCs.

I might think of more later... and feel free to chime in any other packing/purchasing advice ;)

N.

Guest Valani9

It's always good to have a suit, but you don't need one for clinical skills. Make sure you have at least a couple of pairs of good pants, and a few dress shirts.

Lots of people in our class have the new Macs. They're pretty common on campus

Guest seedstrike

1. There wasn't any school event in the first year that required a suit. There was a formal but of course that was voluntary. You'll need a couple of nice slacks and dress shirts for clinical skills (once a week). Also, if you plan on doing observerships, you'll need dress attire for that as well.

2. I'd say there are about 3-4 ppl in my class that own those really small imacs (is that what they are called). they bring them to class and the come in real handy...when the lecture's goind downhill and you need some nice minesweeper action. That said, the machines in the libraries/comp labs are all PCs.

Archived