Premed 101 Forums

Academic Background as a student entering third year

I'm wondering what to put in the Academic Background section as a third year applicant. My expected degree end date would be 2022, but I'm unable to enter a date past 2021-04. Does anyone know the right way to go about this? I can't seem to find any OMSAS instructions on it.

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, carrots said:

I'm wondering what to put in the Academic Background section as a third year applicant. My expected degree end date would be 2022, but I'm unable to enter a date past 2021-04. Does anyone know the right way to go about this? I can't seem to find any OMSAS instructions on it.

Thanks in advance!

Assuming by third year applicant, you mean that you just finished second year and are starting third year? If so, your expected degree end date *should you be accepted into medicine* would be the end of the 2021 school year (and you would graduate in 2021 with a three year general degree instead of a four-year honours degree in 2022). So 2021-04 makes sense

43 minutes ago, hbmed said:

Assuming by third year applicant, you mean that you just finished second year and are starting third year? If so, your expected degree end date *should you be accepted into medicine* would be the end of the 2021 school year (and you would graduate in 2021 with a three year general degree instead of a four-year honours degree in 2022). So 2021-04 makes sense

Thank you so much! And yes, sorry my wording wasn't super clear on "third year applicant" - I never really know what the right wording would be haha

16 hours ago, hbmed said:

This is correct! I came across the same issue when I applied and I emailed OMSAS about it, and they told me (as hbmed said) that you are assuming you're getting into medicine, so you put the date that you would finish studies if you get in (April 2021)