Premed 101 Forums

Student Club Verifier?

Hi everyone! I started a cultural student club during my undergrad and kinda ran the whole thing with a bunch of friends without any faculty supervision. Our school funded most of our events. I don't know who to put as my verifier cause other execs are basically my friends. I wonder if anyone has a suggestion or experience for such a case? Good luck with the applications!

Had a similar situation for two of my entries, one of them I used the Club President and another one where I was the Club President I used an adult who knew of us starting the club and the type of work we were doing.

Two points: 1) verifiers only need to verify the details you provide on the application, not speak to your work extensively; 2) UBC will contact you if they feel one of your verifiers is not appropriate. For the present moment I think it'd be a good idea to use the Club President/someone who was aware of your work and if this isn't good enough in UBC's eyes then you can worry about finding someone else later

16 minutes ago, Fast_Layne said:

I don't have much to add on to the above response, but I also think this post from the MD Admissions Blog (and the subsequent comments) might be helpful!

Hi @Fast_Layne I'm not sure if it's just my computer or something but I believe that the Blog post you're referring to hasn't actually been linked alongside your forum reply

On 8/4/2020 at 2:47 PM, shubeydubeydoo said:

Hi @Fast_Layne I'm not sure if it's just my computer or something but I believe that the Blog post you're referring to hasn't actually been linked alongside your forum reply

LOL thanks for letting me know....the blog post is right here: https://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/2016/08/17/verifiers/