Premed 101 Forums

Response to Offer of admission to Ontario medical school....

Guest monkey

Guest monkey

As the whole excitement of getting into UWO is wearing off, i'm getting perplexed and confused by the package they sent us. Specifically, the "response to offer of admission to ontario medical school" sheet.

what i'm confused with is: i am not sure whcih category i fall under. UWO is the only ontario school i got an interview from, and got accepted to. BUT, i did get an interview from UAlberta. i want to consider any offer from Ualberta, so what do i say in the form? should i say "i accept" or "i accept but i want to consider offers from these schools (and wriet down UA)"???

i guess what i'm really trying to ask is, when OMSAS says "list the schools you want to consider offers from", does it only care about ontario schools? or other canadian schools too?

also, when do i get told about the deposit i need to put down to reserve my spot? i was given no fee value on my sheet (well then again i'm glazing over it ...).

Cheers and thanks!

Guest UWOMED2005

Not sure. . . I only applied to OMSAS schools last year. You probably should call OMSAS to verify.

On the other hand, my understanding is that that option is only there to keep your application active at other Ontario schools. I think you should be okay accepting UWO outright if your choice really is UWO vs. U of A, though there might be some communication between OMSAS and non-Ontario schools that I don't know about. So theoretically you could hold on to admission at both schools, as long as you were willing to pay deposits. . . but that's not really fair to those one the waitlists at either school, eh?

Last year, the "i accept but i want to consider offers from these schools:" was available to allow you to come off the waitlist at other schools until July 3rd. That's actually the option I selected when responding as it allowed me to perhaps change my mind (I didn't) and couldn't hurt me in the long run, as the acceptance is made firm automatically (you do nothing) on July 3rd.

Just some thoughts - good luck with your decision and we at UWO meds would be glad to have you.

Hey monkey,

I'm fairly certain that the option to stay in the running at other schools applies specifically to OMSAS schools only.

Good luck in making your decision :)

Archived