Premed 101 Forums

INTERVIEW LENGTH and INPUT

Guest JohnChristianFervont

My interview was much longer than the 30 minutes people had. I had a really good feeling when I walked out.... but as the days pass, I continually think of random thoughts and worry. I really hit on some good points, but my biggest fear is that they may have thought I was insincere (although I have nothing to base this on). I smiled, made them laugh once or twice and never really stumbled. I also threw in some medical articles and Globe and Mail news.

Also, my GPA is high (~4) and MCAT is 10-Q. Where do I stand?

Any input?

Guest Ian Wong

Relax and go do something fun. Seriously. There's nothing you can do to change your interview, nor will worrying and stressing out gain you anything. Go and do something fun that you've been putting off because of applying/studying. :)

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest mying

Interview length is close to meaningless, although in my uninformed opinion a longer interview probably means you had more to say, and that's not a bad thing.

(Equally, a shorter interview might mean you were more concise about saying things, so who knows).

Go worry about this year's GPA. (I can't say this enough, it seems).

Guest 9901birdie

yo JCF

i'm bored cramming for a test tomorrow so guess i'll reply to this thread :P

i think the standard/avg length is 45 min not 30 min...

mine went for like 60+ min but didn't really feel so good after...tough talking to expressionless people (comm member was nice tho) :P so was a bit nervous...

i think you have a good chance~

just wait and see!

Now back to cramming...

How do I know if they thought I was sincere. I really did give some good answers and I was not scripted at all.

Guest DownUpDown

Only one way to know: wait and see.

There are a lot of good minds applying. Each person having something credible and sincere to say. Countless people felt their interview went very well.

I feel sorry for the admission committee having to deny seats to so many good candidates.

good luck to all.

Archived