Premed 101 Forums

Non-science pre-req's... changes?

Guest Jess

Hi all, this is really nagging me, I was just on the Western Meds webpage and I think they changed their non-science prerequisites, more specifically, now they just want 3 non-science courses with no indication that they want "progression" or 2 courses from one discipline and another from an unrelated discipline etc. Can anyone confirm this? This is totally new to me. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1117716180</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>Meeting up before</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>PARTY cal</username>

<dateline>1059510660</dateline>

<title>Meeting up before</title>

<pagetext>Hey all,

I am going to be new to London (as are most of 2007ers) and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up before school starts and explore the city/campus together. I am arriving on the 20th/21st and have no idea where anything is. It would be cool to figure things out (ie. Furniture, Food, etc) with other people. If you are interested, post here and we will figure something out.

I will be living at 1500 Richmond Street (where ever that is???). I think it is close to campus.

And if some of those AMAZING mods want to be tour guides, that would be cool also :D

Guest bad hombre

hey cal,

i won't be in london till the 27th, but my place is at 1510 Richmond :hat . it's a 10-15 minute stroll to school, a little far from the bars but we'll be able to share cabs between us and the masonville kids. later neighbour.

hec

Guest aneliz

I would love to be a tour guide but unfortunately I am going to be out of London that week...I am leaving on the 15th and won't be back until probably the day before white coat...sorry gang.

But I leave you with an itineray for a self guided tour. I would suggest you check out the following:

1. Masonville - head straight north up Richmond...you will run into shopping Mecca. That is Masonville.

Fun things to see and do in Masonville:

- Check out the Mall - great place to waste time and procrastinate....also good place to buy the "congratulations-to-me-I-survived-exams-present" for yourself. You can also change your cell phone number to a London number here if you want to - just about every wireless company is represented.

- Eat some fast food! yummy...

- Get all of your school stuff (paper, pens, spiffy new pencil case) with the little kids in the back to school rush at Staples

- Get some real groceries at Loblaws..

- Stroll over to petsmart and get a turtle for your new place (cool med students have one!)

- Check out Chapters...great place to study.

- Keep walking east on Fanshawe Pk...you will see the beautiful Silver City...great place to procrastinate....you will also find more stores, a walk in clinic, a post office, etc. You are also not far from the Masonville Branch of the London Public Library...if you should have time to read!

That about completes the Masonville portion of the tour...of course there is a branch of every bank known to the world in Masonville and a bunch of other places in which to part with your $$$...

Next place to check out: UWO Campus

Things to see and do here:

- Check out the med sci/dental sci/health sci buildings

- Check out Natural Sci - main attractions are the cafeteria and library

- Check out the UCC - home of the food court, student health services, the gyms and pool, bookstore and the place where you can pick up your bus pass on Sept 1 (Do it BEFORE the undergrads get here! I'm warning you!)

- Check out the Weldon Library - good place to study

- If you want to, you can wander down to Talbot...you will write your exams here - but you really don't need to know where it is until Oct.

Next stop: Downtown (go straigt south down Richmond)

- Things to see:

-BARS - Barneys, Ceeps, Jim Bob's, Bar King Frog, Molly Blooms, Joe Kools, etc...

- Various eating establishments and shopping venues...

- Big old churches....

- Banks...lots of banks.

If you are adventurous, here are some other great places to check out:

1. Merla Mae's Ice Cream - the best Ice cream in London. Found on Adelaide south of Windermere

2. The Waltzing Weasel Pub (Adelaide and Windermere) also has a driving range and mini golf

3. Palasad Billiards (also on Adelaide)

4. Goodlife Fitness - at the Galleria Mall (Downtown on Wellington)

5. Rainbow Cinemas - really cheap movies, also at Galleria

6. Covent Garden Market - an overpriced farmers market type set up...but kind of fun...found downtown.

There are lots of other places too...but that should give you a start!

Have fun!:D

Guest UWOMED2005

Masonville Gardens? Wyndham gates? 1510 Richmond?

This sounds like my first year all over again.

I'm around that week and wouldn't mind taking you guys out, but I'm pretty busy working in a Rural hospital about an hour outside London. Weekends are best for me.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

I'm around and I'm a mod- we'll hang out! Gimme a shout when you're in town (assuming that it's not Saturday August 23rd, of course!). See you then! :)

Timmy

P.S.: Aneliz- I can't believe that you left EOA out of your tour itinerary! Silly rabbit!

Guest therealcrackers

Silly turtle... EOA is only for those looking at trauma surgery, psych, or ER at this stage.

Another couple of fun places are on the west side of the city.

Go down Wonderland road. Off Springbank Dr on your right is Springbank park. Nice walk along the river, and man does that waterpark area sure look like fun!

If you keep going down Wonderland you'll hit Westmount Shopping Centre. Lotsa good stuff to do and procrastinate with in here, too.

Cut over to Wharncliffe Rd. S. Look for all the car dealerships that are there. Maybe you used to think buying a car would be the biggest debt pile you'd have before you were 30. G'won, test drive one. You'll need it for clerkship and lines of credit are great for the payments...

Follow Southdale Road across to Wellington. Yes, you are technically still in London, even if it feels like another time zone from UWO. Here is White Oaks Mall, "le dernier cri" for the Britney/Christina/Shakira wannabes in highschool, middle school and pre-school. Lotsa good clothing apparently.

Going back up Wellington Rd. you'll see the other Chapters. It's on the left. Good to know its location in case the other one gets busy right before exams as people desparately search for good places to study.

Have fun!

Guest lcloh

... that there is a Best Buy across the road from White Oaks... great deals on electronics, if you (gasp!) need a TV in med school. (like you'll have time... :P )

Guest 777alex777

Hello all.

Just found a place to live (Masonville gardens- sweet!) so I probably won't be heading up to London until Aug 23. However, I thought it might be cool for some meds 2007 classmates from Toronto to meet up downtown one night for drinks and meet each other. Some people I have been talking to have liked the idea, and personally any reason to go out to a bar for the night is good for me!

Anyone interested? Post a message or email me at:

cosmicalex69@hotmail.com

Alex(andra)

Guest TimmyMax

Hey UWOMED2005,

Of course it isn't, but in case you neglected to read the initial post made by PARTYCal (as I am guessing you did), it referred to a gathering in London- no idea where this shadow-gathering in Toronto came from!

You know, you lose focus in this game for one second...;)

Guest therealcrackers

UWOMED --- there is one in Toronto, too, eh... :P heck, a few med students have even seen it! But it isn't downtown, so it doesn't meet that criterion...

Guest UWOMED2005

Touche. I should have thought of that.

But yeah, if you do have a bbq Timmymax @ the (London) Slaughterhouse. I'm all over that like Tucker's Teeth were all over the boards after that (completely legal) check into the boards by Alfredsson two playoffs ago.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PARTY cal

Hey all,

Currently in Winnipeg...on my way to London. I should arrive in London on Thursday. Will anyone be around this weekend? Want to meet up?

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

I'll be in town until at least Friday. When are you getting in Thursday? Maybe we could hit the town for some pre-O-Week festivities! Post (or PM me) when you get to London and we'll do it up! See you soon! :)

Timmy

Archived