Premed 101 Forums

Anything special for interviews?

Guest mluong

Hi there,

Is there anything special we should know for the interviews in Ottawa? I'm from BC and am not familiar with the interview style of Ottawa. I know its a panel and includes a 4th year student, but in terms of material during the interview, is there anything special we should be prepared for?

THANKS!

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

In the past, the panel was composed of 3 people (at least it was when I interviewed there)--2 doctors and one medical student. As for anything special, the interview is otherwise no different than a standard panel-style interview for any other medical school. All you need to know will be supplied to you by UofO.

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest satsumargirl

Hey there!

Nope nothing special to know for Ottawa. Last year the panel was 1 MD, 1 student and 1 community member.

In your interview package it outlines certain things you should bring...like ID, but other than what is listed nothing special is needed.

There is a place to put your coat and potentially a bag .... so if it is slushy out (don`t know when your interview is) and you don`t want to get your suit dirty it is feasible to change there. (I remember wondering about that last year...in the end it didn`t matter since the end of March was still freezing cold!)

Good Luck!!

Archived