Premed 101 Forums

Urgent - 300 DPI for Proof of Citizenship

projectomaha

Hey! Would really appreciate if someone is able to help me before midnight!

I'm not sure how to ensure that the pdf that I upload for my Proof of Citizenship is 300 DPI. I was taking a picture/scanning my birth certificate on my phone and emailing myself, but when I look at the properties of the pictures, the horizontal resolution is 72 dpi and the vertical resolution is 72 dpi. Does anyone know is McGill is specific about this? Not sure what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• projectomaha changed the title to Urgent - 300 DPI for Proof of Citizenship

Thank you so much for your response @Médicomage! Unfortunately, I'm not using a mac, so I ended up submitting it without converting. I reached out to a friend who had received an interview previously and they said that they hadn't converted it to 300 DPI and they were fine, so it should be okay @LGMed2021! I think they just want to ensure that the image is clear and good quality.

9 hours ago, Médicomage said:

It's actually a bit ridiculous, their 300 DPI thing, because a pdf doesn't have a dpi, only images do. And since they are asking for PDFs... I think it's more important that your document is of good quality and you can read it well even if you zoom a lot.

Exactly, that was even more confusing haha. I agree, I think as long as its good quality, it should be okay!