Premed 101 Forums

What is the minimum number of credits you need to already have passed at the time of application?

I saw on their website that you need to eventually pass 90 credits before matriculating your studies in medicine, but my question is about the number of credits you need to already have taken at the time of applying. Like is it fine if I, for example, put 25 credits for my last semester and have only 65 credits on my transcripts when I apply?

5 minutes ago, neurologist19 said:

I saw on their website that you need to eventually pass 90 credits before matriculating your studies in medicine, but my question is about the number of credits you need to already have taken at the time of applying. Like is it fine if I, for example, put 25 credits for my last semester and have only 65 credits on my transcript when I apply?

From what I understood, you only need  at least 90 credits before matriculation. You can always apply with whatever you have, UBC will contact you if they are concerned about your ability to meet the 90 credit requirement and you just have to prove to them how you plan to meet the credit requirement. 

3 minutes ago, WaitingTooLong said:

From what I understood, you only need  at least 90 credits before matriculation. You can always apply with whatever you have, UBC will contact you if they are concerned about your ability to meet the 90 credit requirement and you just have to prove to them how you plan to meet the credit requirement. 

Thanks for your reply. Yeah that makes sense. I was wondering because I thought surely you can pack like 30 credits in a semester if you don't care about their grades anymore, etc. But as you mentioned, it probably needs to be reasonable from their point of view as well.

23 hours ago, neurologist19 said:

Thanks for your reply. Yeah that makes sense. I was wondering because I thought surely you can pack like 30 credits in a semester if you don't care about their grades anymore, etc. But as you mentioned, it probably needs to be reasonable from their point of view as well.

You should still care about the grades, as UBC reserves the right to withdraw acceptance if your GPA in your matriculating year is much lower then your AGPA.