Premed 101 Forums

Who do I ask...

Guest Lorae

Guest Lorae

about my pre-requisite courses?

I think I can fill half of the "non-bio, non-chem" requirement with a statistics course.

But I am worried about whether I can fill the other half of the requirement. I have numerous courses from my degree in nursing: research methods, pharmacotherapeutics, patho, micro...

think any of them will work?

Guest aneliz

Your research methods might work...but I am not totally sure...your stats course definitely will though!

Traditionally people use the following courses:

Physics

Mathematics

Statistics

Computer Science

Engineering

The following definitely will not work:

Organic Chem

Biochem

Ecology, Microbiology, Genetics, physiology, anatomy and the like - sorry but they are all 'biology'

Sociology, Anthropology and Psych - these are social science courses as far as UWO is concerned

If you want some suggestions on things to take check with admissions. They can also give you the 'final word' on the courses you already have...although I am pretty sure that pharm and path are not going to work. Contact info for the admissions office can be found on their website (link at top of this forum) or in the 'top 20 questions about UWO' thread.

Apply anyway though, worst case scenario, you have to do a first year physics or another 0.5 in stats next summer as a condition of your acceptance.

Good luck!

Archived