Premed 101 Forums

Scholarships

Guest ozymandiasking29

Guest ozymandiasking29

Hi all,

Has anyone received any scholarship offers from Western for this coming year (first years, that is)? I'm wondering whether I can hope for anything or if recipients have already been notified. Thanks.

Guest UWOMED2005

There aren't many scholarships at all. . . I think those who are awarded scholarships are contacted right from day one.

There are significant bursaries though, that only get bigger as your debt grows.

Guest aneliz

If you have applied for an entrance bursary, you should be notified with your offer of admission that you are getting one and how much it is.

If you haven't applied yet, do it now!!! You will be notified ASAP if you are eligible for bursary money.

It is also important to apply because there are two financial need scholarships worth $10 000/yr for 4 years...they will be handed out at White Coat if you are the lucky person.

The other scholarships (there aren't that many of them) will be handed out in Octoberish... you will get an e-mail from Darla telling you that she has a cheque for you around Thanksgiving if you are one of the lucky people.

Guest aneliz

No idea....I applied for a bursary prior to getting an offer so mine came with my letter....

Hopefully soon....seeing as they tell us (the upper years) that they can't possibly process our bursary applications right now because all they are doing are entering students I would hope that it would be pretty fast!

Archived