Premed 101 Forums

How much does the Med-P waitlist move usually?

LauraLes

25 minutes ago, Meiji said:

(Post MMIs)

Before the Outaouais campus, I think the waitlist moved between approximatively 10-20.
In 2020, the Outaouais waitlist moved to around 40, while the Montreal waitlist approximatively 10, if I remember correctly.

Thank you! Did Outaouais move that much because of the new increase in number of places or was the amount already set before? 

26 minutes ago, LauraLes said:

Thank you! Did Outaouais move that much because of the new increase in number of places or was the amount already set before? 

No increase for Med-P, only MDCM. The ratio between Montreal and Outaouais is approximatively 50:20, so they decreased the spots for Montreal and moved them to Outaouais. The waitlist moves a lot for Outaouais because some applicants rather go to UdeM, for instance, and stay in Montreal instead of moving to Gatineau.

Just now, Meiji said:

No increase for Med-P, only MDCM. The ration between Montreal and Outaouais is approximatively 50:20, so they decreased the spots for Montreal and moved them to Outaouais. The waitlist moves a lot for Outaouais because some applicants rather go to UdeM, for instance, and stay in Montreal instead of moving to Gatineau.

According to previous threads, the university was actually able to renegotiate the spots taken away from MTL to Outaouais plus last minute additions of seats from the provincial government across the 4 schools in Quebec so thats probably why the waitlist moved significantly.

1 minute ago, abcd1288 said:

According to previous threads, the university was actually able to renegotiate the spots taken away from MTL to Outaouais plus last minute additions of seats from the provincial government across the 4 schools in Quebec so thats probably why the waitlist moved significantly.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think McGill added any new seats for Med-P, only MDCM.

20 minutes ago, abcd1288 said:

What do you mean by this exactly?