Premed 101 Forums

McGill waitlist

Guest Tonick

Guest FullMetalDS

getting so close sly & tonick! sorry i have no idea who #5 is...hopefully his/her never posting here means he/she doesn't really care about the spot :\

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest slysniper

Hi guys,

I heard something the other day from one of my dental friends and I wanted to know how much of a problem that is.

He told me that because there are other dental schools in Montreal, McGill students dont get much clinical experience. This problem is apprently worse for those who dont speak French as they need a translator. On top of that, you do med for 1.5 years, so less chances for clinical.

Guest dentin09

Hey opnbsp,

The person sitting at 43rd percentile was just accepted at UBC and I know you are the 42nd.

You also mentioned that you will be attending UWO and thus declining a potential acceptance to UBC.

Just curious if they have offered you a spot yet... my buddy is 41st and getting really anxious!!

Thanks for any insight and have fun in London.

Guest opnbsp

Hye dentin09, I received a call this morning that I need to take the English exempt test. I guess that means I'm in. But I declined my offer and told Jackie I'm going elsewhere.

So good luck all, it's at 41% at least right now.

Guest opnbsp

Also, I'm certain that I declined my McGill acceptance too, I called and confirmed. So it will definitely go to #5 everyone, I'm not just pulling your legs.

Goodluck

Guest Tonick

Thanks opn, you're a champ for not making us wait too long. I hope the few other undecided people that have been accepted make their minds up fast as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slysniper

Hi guys,

letting you know that I have been admitted and I have decieded to go to McGill. There is not much time left, so I have to pack up and leave right away.

Tonick, now you are number one and I hope you get in. You can count on my help once you get in man.

So, I am looking for a roommate now. Is anyone looking for one?

Guest Tonick

I GOT IN TOO!!!!! After such a painstaking wait I'm off to McGill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet all you guys, FullMetal, Sly, it's gonna be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Guest FullMetalDS

SWEEEEEEEET!! congrats sly and tonick!!! wut a killer wait eh? dang doodz/doodettez it will be an ezboard get together over there

about 2 weeks till orientation day! cu all then :smokin

Guest slysniper

Holy beep :rollin We all got in, can you believe this. Tonick, thats great man. Thats awesome!!!

Well, guys I am heading over there on Wed to find a place and do my immunization stuff. Maybe I ll see you before classes start.

Hey, FullMetalDS have you found a place yet?

Guest FullMetalDS

hey sly, indeed i have found a place already, i have a pal who is also heading to mcgill for grad skoo and we're sharing a 4.5 at a very good location (west side of campus, i hear itz worth it...we'll be spending most of our time at montreal general hospital and mcintyre building)

here's a very helpful site where i found my place:

www.mcgill.ca/offcampus/listings/

i'm set to take off aug8 as i have most of my stuff sorted out, but yes i need to get immunized at montreal as well...

also here's the mcgill med/dent forum where you could check out the names of all our classmates haha students.med.mcgill.ca/2010/

i'm the dood with the 778 phone number :]

wow, this is sooo exciting hehehe...a little under 3 weeks till it all begins

Archived