Premed 101 Forums

Eligibility - Really Important

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. This upcoming cycle 21-22 is the last cycle I am trying to apply to Canadian Schools. As my backup plan I am also applying to Australian medical school which I am positive I will receive admission to. However the Australian schools start in January 2022. 

My question is am I eligible to apply to Canadian medical schools and accept my offer of admission to australian schools, and if I got interview offers in January, do my interviews and In case of getting acceptance to Canadian schools, withdraw before end of semester from the australian school and attend the Canadian school.

Thanks for your answers.

You can apply to Canadian MD while applying for international, and even apply to Canada while attending medical school internationally. There are stories of people being accepted to Canada a year or two into international MD (and starting over). It's been a while and I forget if it was mostly an American thing but some applications ask if you have ever matriculated at a medical school, so if it's worded that you have or plan to you'd have to disclose it, but I don't know if it would be seen as a negative (As opposed to matriculating in Canada then dropping out and trying again). All you'd be giving up is your AUS tuition.