Premed 101 Forums

Living situation for 2021/2022?

Hi all!

Congrats on your med school admissions! House hunting is underway and I was wondering what people are thinking about doing. If you live in Toronto/GTA, are you planning on commuting since we most likely will be doing hybrid learning? If not, why? Trying to figure out for myself right now and I'm feeling overwhelmed haha

Right now I would say that the first year 2T4 class is pretty 60/40 split between downtown and outside of Toronto since we had no mandatory in-person training. We were advised to be able to be in Toronto for the beginning of classes in august since we are supposed to be having a few hours/week of mandatory in-person learning (mainly clinical skills which we barely got any (see: none-- for some people outside the GTA)  in-person clinical training this year. I am not sure if the 2T5s will be having inperson learning as well, however, we were recommended to move downtown come august-- So do with that information what you will!