Premed 101 Forums

Good Luck UWO Applicants!!

Guest MacStudent

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tonick

Hey guys, I got a letter today saying that they could not offer me a spot in the class. No waitlist was mentioned... I also thought waitlist was an automatic after an interview because theoretically you don't know how many people will drop. Oh well I guess I gotta accept it, the UWO run is over. Just curious though, for those people who got waitlist offers, how was your letter worded?

thanks

Tonick,

Well the first part of the letter basically states that they did not select you for one of the available spots, then..

"however it was recommended that your name be placed on a ranked waiting list. Should any of the selected candidates not accept the place we have offered them, replacements will be selected from the applicants on the waiting list"

Guest MacStudent

Boo-urns Tonick.

I was rooting for ya!!!

The letter basically says that we have until July10 to tell them that we want to stay on the wait list.

I emailed trish a few minutes ago to get some more details, and I'll post as soon as I can.

Guest Massari

Okay, in all honesty I have not received any letters at all from Western and I live in BC. Is it coming from UWO on horseback? Better not be Kevin Costner on the horse. Should I seriously call the school?

Guest eggy88

Massari - I wouldn't be too worried yet. I just got my letter today and I'm from Toronto. I guess it will take a little longer for the letter to arrive to BC.

Guest FullMetalDS

i'm from bc as well and have received nothing yet... if i'm waitlisted and not rejected right off the bat, i'll still agree to be put on the list to see if i could get in...but i will definitely be turning it down immediately even if i do

sorry to those who think i suck because there's a possibility i may be slowing down the process (or not at all if i get shot down right away), but i am curious to see whether any skoo other than mcgill will take me :]

Guest Labby Labberson

Don't be a retard FullMetalDS, if you don't want to go to UWO anyway then why would you make someone else who is going insane on the waitlist wait extra time until you decline? You got into a school already, who the hell cares if you get into another one. Honestly, thats just ignorant

Guest tamkhan1

fullmetal, id say go with mcgill if ure in. this has nothing to do with the waitlist at western. :b mcgills reputation is simply unmatchable.

Guest FullMetalDS

u can feel that way labby, but i don't like the thought of having spent hundreds of dollars applying and flying over for the interview and getting nothing at all in return, not even the knowledge that i might have gotten in. those who will get in will get in, i will decline immediately if i find out and i don't think that's too much to ask for...i admit that it's selfish to want to find out and make ppl wait, but hey, i don't think i'm the only one who is curious and in the long run it's harmless...at least i was frank about it :]

hey tamkhan, i will not be attending western for sure...

not to mention, i might have been rejected right away

Guest FullMetalDS

i didn't think this would provoke such heavy responses haha...afterall, wut's the diff between me wanting to stay on the waitlist, and those who were accepted to ut right from the start and not withdrawing their apps at uwo? does it mean they're so ridiculous cuz they're not compassionate enough to phone in and withdraw their application or that they just wanted to find out if they got admitted, hence making ppl wait?

i don't see how u couldn't understand why some ppl may be curious about the result

all this talk and i haven't even received my letter yet...

I know that people have until July 10th to confirm their intentions but does anyone know if they start calling the waitlisted people before then...i.e. if someone rejects their offer before the 10th? Or do they wait until everything comes in by the 10th and start then.....

Archived