Premed 101 Forums

UWO Acceptances Anyone?

Guest MacStudent

Guest Tonick

July?? I thought it was late June! This stinks, most of my friends think I'm lying to them that I'll only "find out" from UWO in June...

Guest The Dental Cowboy

Hey guys, I just discovered this site while looking for a financial aid website. I was wondering when we would hear from Western but now that I am into Dal I think I am going there.

If I get a spot it will be up for grabs!

Guest tamkhan1

haha..tonick..i think all uwo applicants have the same problem. people think we're just lying..hehe..

as far as i can remember, when i spoke to trish 2 weeks back she said the letters will go out in the first week of july.

Guest Aplusdent

Damn...is UWO the latest?? I'm going to have problems next year when I get my acceptance(s)...the dent school in IN starts in late July...not much time to make a last minute decision..since I'd rather go to UWO...

Guest The Dental Cowboy

Nope, I'm a NB applicant. I will be turning down Western if I happen to get in because I want to go to Dal and I am already accepted there.

What is your first choice?

Guest Adversary

UWO sends out both emails and letters for acceptance. Last year I received the email first followed by the acceptance letter. I believe I got the email in June actually.

Guest Labby Labberson

Yeah Tamkhan1 doesnt know what hes talking about, you will all get an email first, and that will be coming in a little over a week

Guest tamkhan1

i spoke to trish for sure, guys. and she only said that decisions will be released no sooner than first week of july. she said nothing about emails or letters.

alrite, so emails ARE going out. thanks for the info! i was just thinking they mitght not send out emails cuz no emails were sent out to the top 15, as far as i know.

Guest opnbsp

The reason I ask is that Trish mentioned (if I'm correct) previously to someone that the average this year is similar to previous years, it's the DAT scored that are much higher. However, from the looks of it (and on this forum in particular) most if not everyone have extremely high averages. Is it just this forum? or is it this year? Or is it both??

Thanks and Good luck

Guest bebostyle

don't take this forum as the mesaure of everything, just by the logic of how humans are, peple with high stats will post their stats, people with lower stats won't post them, so the picture you are viewing is skewed.

Guest 1213mel

Hey Guys! I've been reading all these posts for a while, but this is my first time replying! I just wanted to let you all know that i spoke to trish this morning and she verified that the committee was meeting at the end of the week and EMAILS will probably be sent out MONDAY!! she said nothing is 100%, but certainly implied we will know something soon. good luck everyone!

Guest tamkhan1

sheesh, thats soon! i think the initial acceptance avgs will lie around 85-86, but after people drop their spot (cuz they got into uoft or mcgill or some other place), avgs will come down to around 83-84, like previous years.

Archived