Premed 101 Forums

Interview Times?

Guest silverjelly86

Guest silverjelly86

Does anybody have an inkling about when interviews will be for UOttawa or when interview invites are sent out? I'm just trying to see if they overlap with McMaster's weekends so I can condense two flights into one! That is, IF I get invited to both . . . which is unlikely. Why do I even bother? :lol

Guest WoollySheep

Last year they interviewed people alphabetically, so it all depends on what your last name is. My last name is alphabetically middle-ish and I interviewed in mid-March (if I remember correctly). Invites were sent out sometime in early Feb. Don't know if anything's changed this year though!

Good luck!

2 comments:

1. S86...it is WAY too early to be thinking about interview invites...I know you're anxious (I am too).

2. Last year invites were sent out January 27th.

Keep it real.

tt/

Guest Globle User

Hi guys,

I'm applying to meds at Ottawa for the first time as a grad student and was wondering if everyone who meets the cutoff gets an interview? I'm actually REALLY anxious because I'm a little under last year's cutoff of 3.45 for grads so I don't know what to expect. Anyways, for those of you who have more experience applying, if you could let me know that would be helpful! Thanks!

G

No, meeting the cutoff DOES NOT guarantee an interview. Once you meet the cutoff, your GPA doesn't really matter.. it's your sketch that does.. and after you interview.. it's the interview that matters (with GPA serving as a tie breaker at the final stage).

Guest satsumargirl

Last year I think about 800 people met the cut-off and they interviewed about 500?? I don`t know if that included the graduate pool. But unfortunately meeting the cut-off does not guarantee an interview. And I think with the grad applicant pool there is a grad package to complete to allow a panel to evaluate your productivity etc. to be granted an interview. I didn`t go through that process though. But perhaps there is someone on the boards who can give you some insight into that particular aspect.

Good luck!

Archived