Premed 101 Forums

Situation 6: Quebec Residency and Sworn Statement

Marisa

Is anyone familiar with the process of getting a sworn statement signed by a Quebec commissioner for oaths? I qualify for Quebec Residency under Situation 6. McGill instructs us to submit our unsigned sworn statement to them first, and they will send us a link to have it signed after checking for any errors. I am only a little nervous about time, and I am wondering if I can find a Quebec commissioner for oaths myself (e.g. via: https://www.assermentation.justice.gouv.qc.ca/ServicesPublicsConsultation/Commissaires/Proximite/Criteres.aspx)? Thanks for your help!

Hi Marisa! I have successfully applied in the past under the same circumstances (Situation 6) and according to this site all it took was:

1)      Canadian birth certificate OR proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency OR  certificate of Indian status OR a valid Makivik society card.  

AND:

2)     A sworn statement, wherein you attest that you were not a full-time[5] student in the province of Quebec during the relevant 12-month reference period. 

AND:

3) For this 12-month reference period: either a copy of a valid RAMQ4-issued Quebec Medicare card or proof that your main domicile is in Quebec.

For the sworn statement, I just went to a local commissioner of oaths to get it signed. Cost $5, e.g. from the commissaire in the Plateau.

If you live in Montréal, you can find one easily via the city's portal here: https://montreal.ca/demarches/obtenir-une-assermentation

Let me know if this helps and hope it does!