Premed 101 Forums

Which route to take second degree or no degree

numair

Hello, People, I am looking for suggestions to help me decide. You see I am slightly confused, I am currently in the final year of my 3-year B.sc in biological sciences from U of M now I want to apply to med schools in Canada but My current GPA would end up being 3.2/4.5 

I am confused with the following options which ones to pursue to get into med schools across Canada and you know increase my GPA.

1- Do an associate degree (which i don't know if would be counted in the GPA)
2- Do a post-baccalaureate diploma (again not sure if it would be counted in the GPA) 
3- A second undergraduate degree in Environmental science 

I was hoping if someone could give me an insight, Thanks in advance for the help! 

From my research on this forum, its best to complete a second undergraduate program with employment prospects (as kindly mentioned by offmychestplease). I've heard certain medical schools would only count courses that lead up to a degree (i.e. Western, UofT, Dalhousie, etc). It wouldn't hurt to reach out to the schools you are interested in applying to for confirmation either! I too am in a similar situation and feel free to reach out if you'd like to brainstorm and discuss further! All the best :)

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2021 at 3:50 PM, medolove said:

From my research on this forum, its best to complete a second undergraduate program with employment prospects (as kindly mentioned by offmychestplease). I've heard certain medical schools would only count courses that lead up to a degree (i.e. Western, UofT, Dalhousie, etc). It wouldn't hurt to reach out to the schools you are interested in applying to for confirmation either! I too am in a similar situation and feel free to reach out if you'd like to brainstorm and discuss further! All the best :)

What about masters?