Premed 101 Forums

US dental schools

Guest crest vs colgate

Guest crest vs colgate

Does anyone have any insight to the US dental programs? Which schools accept the canadian dat, which commonly take canadian students, which do not cost excessive amounts of $ ?

Guest Aplusdent

Well I know some schools on the Canadian border accept the Canadian one...basically you have to go to the school's website and it will tell you (not everything everybody says is 100% correct, they may have misinterpreted info). I'm pretty sure (but again not 100% sure) that some New york schools accept the Canadian one, as well as Detroit Mercy and Marquette (Wisconsin). Of course the private ones (like Marquette) are going to be very expensive...close to 50,000$ a year (at least for first year), and since you're out of state it will be in the high 30,000-40,000...might as well be a private school...I haven't really looked at the costs yet, I figure I'll consider that once I get acceptance letters, right? Why bother about something when you may not even have the opportunity to make the decision in the end. I'm applying this May (and the end of the summer for Canadian schools).

Archived