Premed 101 Forums

UofA intensive practice group with med student moderation & tips

Many UofA applicants are asking for me to moderate a UofA group which I'm happy to do so. Full disclosure, none of the med students in our volunteer group are at UofA (we're mostly in Ontario, BC, maritimes). If there are any UofA med students or past students who aren't involved in the interview process, we'd much appreciated your tips and insight for our group of passionate hopefuls. 

Practice groups are kept to about 5-8 dedicated students. We'll take care of the interview questions, come in and practice and be kind to each other. Give and receive critical feedback to improve. If you've read this far and you'd like to be added to the weekly practice group, send me a DM.

Thanks, yes. We're just helping to take care of the admin and logistically issues of setting up groups and a routine for practicing. The students are doing a wonderful job of giving feedback and their responses are improving each week. Med students and some residents are mostly chiming in to correct any incorrect details and pointing out where their responses are confusing or unclear. Overall, it's been a positive and rewarding experience and we'd love to have your expertise and mentorship of course! 

It's really nice to get different med students from different campuses. And if any other applicants are reading this, take good care of yourself. Keep doing the fun things that bring you joy and work hard. The rest will come together if you try your best. I believe in you.