Premed 101 Forums

BSc of Physiology vs Anatomy and Cell Bio vs Microbiology and Immunology

BlueBird99

Hi all,
I am applying to McGill to begin next fall. I have a Kinesiology degree from another university and trying to decide between 3 undergrads to boost my GPA in 45 credits to then apply into McGill Med.
Which of the following three would help me achieve that according to your personal experiences?
BSc in:
  1. Physiology
  2. Anatomy and Cell Biology
  3. Microbiology and Immunology
  4. any other undergrads you recommend
Thank you in advance!

Hi, 

Any degrees will be okay as long as you have done your pre-requisite and that you have a high GPA. Choose a degree where you would excel. Also, make sure that the degree that you are choosing gives you some kind of career opportunity. There is a post in the Non-traditionnal applicant section of the forum talking about Second degrees, you should check it out. 

Dont forget, you need to have completed 45 new credits from your second degree before applying and finishing the rest of it by 31st of July before entering medical school. Most of these degrees are 90 credits, do you would need to be in your third year for it to be counted when you apply.