Premed 101 Forums

Feb DAT!!!

Guest power2005

I"m writing at UVic. Also not prepared... although I've been semi-working on it, it suddenlty dawned on me last night that its only a week away!!!!

Oh well, maybe this will work to my advantage as I have written it once before and was totally over-stressed and anxious... this time I'm trying out the 'relaxed' approach. ;)

Guest johnwoo19

I think a lot of people may not be as prepared as they want to be for this DAT, with all the school/work, etc. stuff going on simultaneously at this time.

Best of luck everyone.

For all those busy preparing for Saturday's DAT, I thought I'd share my embarrassing story so we can all relax and have a laugh at my expense. On Monday I was practicing my carving, as I do most nights, and I cut myself with my blade. Now, I must admit, I have suffered a couple small nicks before with the blade, but nothing like this! The blade went into my left index finger at a flat plane, although the cut isn't bad, not even warranting stitches, the knife did some pretty good damage on its travels; severing a nerve and clipping a tendon before coming to a halt with the tip in the bone! Oops!

Unfortunately the nerve is too small to repair (it will grow back and I can expect to have feeling again in 6months to a year). The tendon is still partially in tact so this will grow back as well, and the bone will heal.

My pride... now that’s another story!

:o

Guest johnwoo19

whoa, hope your finger gets better amitch! Are you carving away from yourself, or towards? Why I'm wondering is that I find you get a lot more control if you carve towards yourself, if you're not doing that already you may want to give it a try.

Archived