Premed 101 Forums

LOC negotiation

Hi, I have recently been learning about the professional LOCs offered by banks for dental students. They are mostly the same (Scotia, RBC and CIBC offer the same amount and the same interest rate). Some people say shop around and negotiate with bank advisors. However, I have no idea what to negotiate for. They all say their interest rates are non-negotiable. I have to do this all by my own and have no family member or friend to help me with. Any help on how to negotiate or what to negotiate for is highly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 3:54 PM, dentistrydmd said:

scotiabank and rbc seem to be the best options offered out there. I chose scotia

Can you please share your reasoning on why you decided to go with Scotia? RBC is offering unlimited grace period which is very tempting. Did Scotia offered something similar to you?

And did you negotiate to change anything about the package they offered you?

On 3/16/2022 at 7:28 PM, Dmdd2021 said:

Can you please share your reasoning on why you decided to go with Scotia? RBC is offering unlimited grace period which is very tempting. Did Scotia offered something similar to you?

And did you negotiate to change anything about the package they offered you?

The credit cards they offered me and the benefits. RBC offers the unlimited future LOC, but I believe so does scotiabank (you just need to convert it to a small business LOC). RBC also offers unlimited access to the funds from day one. Either way Im sure youre fine. I just found the customer service to also be better at scotia for me