Premed 101 Forums

From law School to Medecine

pollyazel

Hi everyone, 

I would like to know if there is anyone who did that or knows something about it... Is it possible to get into med school after graduating from law school? 

I was a cegep student in health sciences, now I am in law at mcgill (2nd year) and later I would like to go in Medecine (McGill). Is that possible? Will I have to do pre med? Or directly in med? 

Do you have any advice??

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, pollyazel said:

Is it possible to get into med school after graduating from law school?

Yes

3 hours ago, pollyazel said:

now I am in law at mcgill (2nd year) and later I would like to go in Medecine (McGill). Is that possible? Will I have to do pre med? Or directly in med? 

You would apply directly to med (not pre med)

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2022 at 9:22 PM, pollyazel said:

Hi everyone, 

I would like to know if there is anyone who did that or knows something about it... Is it possible to get into med school after graduating from law school? 

I was a cegep student in health sciences, now I am in law at mcgill (2nd year) and later I would like to go in Medecine (McGill). Is that possible? Will I have to do pre med? Or directly in med? 

Do you have any advice??

Thanks!!

EDIT: Oops, I didn't notice that it was an old thread ^^', oh well...

Like others said, totally possible!

For the time being, concentrate on getting a good GPA since it's the most important factor during admission (before MMI interviews). Having a diversified CV/resume also helps, but you should focus on getting that high GPA (aim for that perfect 4.0 as much as possible, although Law may be a tough program) since the average participants getting invited for interviews usually gravitate around 3.9. 

Also, are you planning to apply to the Francophone medical faculties? If possible, it is always better to cast a wider net.

Best of luck!

It is worthwhile to become a member of the Bar before going to med school. And should you not be accepted on your first attempt, devote the extra few months to studying for the NY State Bar, despite the fact that foreigners only succeed  32% in their first attempt. These credentials will give you gravitas and options in the years ahead! :P