Premed 101 Forums

MRU bachelor of health education and physical literacy?

17 hours ago, Athralgia said:

Hi,

I was wondering if this course degree would be compatible in regards towards getting towards a PT school by any chance? Unfortunately I wasn't able to get into Athletic therapy in MRU or kines in u o f c. Cheers.

hi! I am currently in my graduating semester and have applied to OT as a physical literacy student at MRU. I know a couple of individuals that has gotten in to PT from the physical literacy degree. I also have a couple of friends that have applied to PT across Canada this year. PT schools will definitely accept physical literacy as a degree as long as you also meet the requirements such as an English course, indigenous studies etc (make sure you double check with the PT school youre applying to) which will fulfill your electives/gned courses you need to graduate anyways. I find that many individuals that were in AT at MRU switched to physical literacy if they were planning on going to grad school (as AT is very specialized and harder to maintain a high GPA since its so competitive). 

I hope this helps!(: