Premed 101 Forums

CEGEP student trying to find a good Undergrad programme

Hi im a cégep student trying to salvage a shit cote-r. I definitely won't get into medicine directly after cegep due to my weak grades. I didn't really care/ try hard enough before. Recently ive worked really hard to increase my cote-r. I think ill end up with a 29-31 (it was 24 at the end of my first semester ), what programme do you guys think would increase my chances of getting admitted after a successfully complete a bachelors degree (hopefully)? the programs I was considering are

• Baccalauréat en biochimie et médecine moléculaire (UDEM)
  • Baccalauréat en sciences biopharmaceutiques (UDEM)
  • Baccalauréat en microbiologie et immunologie (UDEM)

what scares me is getting a 4,1-4,33 GPA in the programs and not even get admitted 

thank you for your time :)

Hey ! For medecine, those undergrad program are all good options. If I had the choice, I will go to the baccalaureat en science biopharmaceutique (BSBP) but again my goal is to be accepted in pharmacy not medecine. Idk if you are willing to go to quebec for science biomedicale. The Rscore there is a joke (27.5).If you want to upgrade / have better study technique, you can search for ICANSTUDY online. Its a course that is going to make you a better student overall in my opinion. You can send me a private message if you have more questions.

Keep up with the good work !

On 5/4/2022 at 6:54 AM, TheFuturePharmacist said:

Hey ! For medecine, those undergrad program are all good options. If I had the choice, I will go to the baccalaureat en science biopharmaceutique (BSBP) but again my goal is to be accepted in pharmacy not medecine. Idk if you are willing to go to quebec for science biomedicale. The Rscore there is a joke (27.5).If you want to upgrade / have better study technique, you can search for ICANSTUDY online. Its a course that is going to make you a better student overall in my opinion. You can send me a private message if you have more questions.

Keep up with the good work !

Thank you! I will look into the online course

Here you go! :P See 

The Specialization Program provides internships with chronically ill patients and allows you to apply your theoretical knowledge - is not only an excellent preparation for medicine, but has led others directly into medical school.  :P The secret sauce is that you must be motivated and work hard continuously to attain those A's you need to qualify for medicine. Bs are easy enough to attain but you need to work really hard throughout this program to become a competitive med school applicant. And you take easy electives such as an introductory course to acting, etc. to smooth out your studying. Good luck!

On 5/6/2022 at 6:34 AM, Bambi said:

Here you go! :P See 

The Specialization Program provides internships with chronically ill patients and allows you to apply your theoretical knowledge - is not only an excellent preparation for medicine, but has led others directly into medical school.  :P The secret sauce is that you must be motivated and work hard continuously to attain those A's you need to qualify for medicine. Bs are easy enough to attain but you need to work really hard throughout this program to become a competitive med school applicant. And you take easy electives such as an introductory course to acting, etc. to smooth out your studying. Good luck!

Would a good GPA translate into a good CRU in UDEM or ULAVAL? I know alot of these programs are good but what worries me is working really hard and not getting the results. I'll look into it anyways! it looks very interesting and I might apply to it, thank you

Yes for UdeM, I believe, but am unsure, for Laval. I did the MEMFI for both. The Specialization Program is not difficult but exceedingly hard work to become a straight A student, but doable if you are motivated and work hard - it is specifically those students who do get into medicine!

• 4 weeks later...

Baccalauréat en sciences biopharmaceutiques (UDEM) is the way to go according to your listed options. 

If you manage to get 31, i would advice to still apply to biomed and even better neuro (i'm biased but i also know i'm right lol), their waitlist go pretty far so don't worry if you're a bit under the r score cutoff. But be ready to WORK if you really want to get into med school.

Don't forget where you think you will perform better ( based on interest ). biomed/neuro leans toward anatomy/physiology/biomolecular vs BSBP well, you'll see more pharmacology.