Premed 101 Forums

Athabasca university

Guest slysniper

Guest slysniper

Has anyone taken a course at Athabasca university by correspondence? I am thinking of taking one to upgrade one of my Biology courses which I got B+ in. Of course, I am doing it for UofA only.

Don't bother upgrading, just the fact that you're doing it will look worse than ur B+. I suggest leaving it, it can't have that much of an impact on ur cGPA dude.

How will upgrading look "worse"? Nobody at the U of A looks at your transcripts and makes a subjective judgement of how "good" you are based on the overall tone of your transcript. They place your marks into an algorithm and then print out a list of how you ranked vs all the other applicants.

U of A dent admissions has rules about repeating a course. You can't repeat a course if you did NOT fail it the first time. To cover up your B+ you would need to take a bio course that U of A dentistry admissions considers the next level bio course for the one you want to replace.

Before you register at Athabasca I would read everything on the U of A dent admissions site related to re-taking classes and call the admissions office if you need clarification on anything.

Is your GPA above 3.75?

Guest johnwoo19

When you guys refer to the GPA, is 4.0 the highest GPA you can get? Just wondering cuz I've heard of the 4.5 scale as well. I'm pretty unfamiliar with the GPA system as my university uses percentages for everything.

slysniper,

Tough call. That GPA would have probably gotten you into U of A in previous years. Unfortunately you never know who you're competing against the year you apply. Replacing that B+ with an A could mean getting that last acceptance spot off the wait list. If you get an A by taking another bio class, how much will it affect your pre-req GPA?

Guest slysniper

Well, it would mean my pre-req GPA would go up to 3.82 if I get an A or 3.79 if I get an A- from 3.76. By the way, I send you an email, check your inbox.

For Johnwoo -> yeah, it is out of 4

Archived