Premed 101 Forums

NL Applicant Decisions

Accepted! Time stamp: 1:37 (NL)

GPA: around 85%
MCAT: 508

Casper: 4th Quartile

ECs: stable and long term jobs, volunteering, clubs, mentoring, service trips, and research

No idea how my interview went I got sick from COVID the day of so I blanked out!

Can’t wait to meet everyone!!

On 5/27/2022 at 5:04 PM, Lenyolt said:

Congrats everybody!! Would anyone mind adding sharing their stats? I have only seen OOP applicant stats in the Accepted/rejected/waitlisted/deferred (Current applicants) stickied thread. I am curious what the IP applicant stats look like for MUN :)

GPA: 84.5%
MCAT: 509
Casper: 3rd Quartile
Interview: Okay, I'm assuming! Tried to be personable and cracked a few jokes, teared up a bit at one of the questions. 
Volunteering: 3 long-term volunteering positions (2 surrounding mental health and one for enjoyment in a hobby), a president position in a large society, part time job (long term MUCEP position), 2 conference presentations. Also some awards for creative writing! 

So excited!!

On 5/27/2022 at 5:04 PM, Lenyolt said:

Congrats everybody!! Would anyone mind adding sharing their stats? I have only seen OOP applicant stats in the Accepted/rejected/waitlisted/deferred (Current applicants) stickied thread. I am curious what the IP applicant stats look like for MUN :)

I'll share because it might give some hope to those with lower GPAs.

GPA: 74% undergrad, 77% Master's

MCAT: 519

Casper: 4th Quartile

Other: Multiple years as manager in healthcare with past experience in both clinical and basic research with ~1000 hours patient assessments. I also have more than 10 publications with plenty of conferences and volunteer experience.

I had always counted myself out for medicine based on my undergraduate grades (especially those in my first few semesters). I tried my best to do as well as I could on the MCAT and knew that the rest of my application was pretty solid.

GPA: ~84% 
MCAT: 508

Casper: 4th Q

Interview: felt really good about MMI portion, had no idea how I did on the traditonal half. I was very honest in my competency/traditional as there was no time to think, I just said everything on the fly, was worried it came out a bit uncollected. I also teared up and cracked some jokes @k_cool.

Volunteering/EC: Long term commitments with animal rescues and therapeutic riding. Leadership positions on multiple committees, mentoring, design team at school. Worked part time through undergrad.