Premed 101 Forums

Who's applying where this year?

Guest johnwoo19

Guest johnwoo19

Just so everyone can get to kno each other better, if you're planning to or have already applied to a dental school this year, post here. Name of the school you're applying to and where you're from. :D

Guest dentforsure

shesalldat: no ubc, i thought you said you are fr. van.

apply to 5 schools should be sufficient. Definitely apply to one of schools in the praries...it's relatively easier to get in.

good luck.

Guest shesallDAT

Hey,

Thanks again for the advice, dentforsure...

Yeah, I had been thinking about UBC, but it was really low on my list because of the crazily expensive tuition, and the fact that if I'm living with my family in Van I'll have to commute an hour on the bus each way! But, I wrote it off completely when I found out about their huge deposit...I don't want to be suckered into paying it when I haven't heard back from any other schools! :(

I'm not so sure that prairie schools are so easy to get into. Sask may be perceived that way, but actually you still need high grades for your best two years. Manitoba is tougher, particularly for OOP; you'll need a minimum 3.75 on your prereqs and a 20 DAT just to qualify for an interview. People get interviews with less than that at UofT. To be honest the easiest schools to get into are probably UBC, UWO and Sask. UBC because no one seems to want to go there, and UWO and Sask because they only look at your two best years.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wishywish82

I'm from NB but living in Halifax doing my master's @ Dal, Dal dent would probably be my first choice it's close to home, I have the best chance of getting in vs. other schools and my gf is in 2nd yr med at Dal

Guest Tonick

Hey Audio, reference letter requirements for U.S schools are a @#%$ don't u think? I've got 4, including 2 dentists, but they still want me to find a 3rd prof...

Archived